The "Stretch Run Project"

First, a caveat: in this and previous blogging incarnations, I've been notorious for assigning myself a massive project only to lose the plot halfway through; this actually results in my deleting the blog in question about half the time. I don't anticipate that happening here, but, well, never say never.

With that out of the way, I intend to spend the next two to three weeks working on what I'm calling The Stretch Run Project." The project's purpose will be to look back at the 2006 season so far for each of MLS's twelve teams in order to see where they've been and, based on that information, to try to gain some grasp of where they're likely to go. The research for the project will rely heavily on past match reports, with the easiest of these being available through MLS's site. For no particular reason, I think I'll start at the top of the table and work my way down.

Each of these will carry the title "The Stretch Run for....[Insert Team Here]."

Whatever happens, I'll be happy if it doesn't feel like a waste of time and if the blog survives in its wake.

UPDATE: Check after the jump....


It seems a good idea pull all the Stretch Run reports into one place. I'll add them here as I crank them out.

DC United

Chicago Fire

No comments: