Moving Back

Hey, just wanted to let people know that I'm reorganizing my posting habits for a record sixth time this year. For the forseeable future, all soccer-related stuff I do will appear on It's a Simple Game...again.

For the record - and it is indeed that - a couple things went into this admittedly flaky decision:

1) It countermands the previously undertaken flaky decision to post all the stuff I do on My Very Brain (link). It makes more sense to have a straight "soccer blog" as opposed to a general content train-wreck.

2) The comments thing mattered. In short, I can't stand talking politics online (who knows? maybe I can't stand talking politics in general any more). Nothing changes, no one learns anything and everyone gets pissed off; that's fun like jerking off with sandpaper. Against that, I've found soccer people better able to maintain decent appreciation of the fact that what they're discussing doesn't matter. Anyway, I wanted to hear what other people think about soccer, even if it happens only infrequently, and I've still got comments set up here, but not on My Very Brain; in fact, comments will never go up on My Very Brain ever, ever again.

3) The title is better...it didn't hurt I watched Bull Durham yesterday, the movie that inspired the title.

There's more to it than this, but that's almost all to do with My Very Brain and not this site.

As for the rest of today - if not this week - I'm going to wrap up the soccer side of My Very Brain and create "Best of [fill-in-month/week-here]" posts to get all the good stuff on this site....where it properly belongs.

You all have my apologies for the past three months of madness. And a special thanks goes to Oscar M for tolerating both this switch and the previous one.

(######)

2 comments:

Kali said...

I fixed the link on my blog for your site.

Happy blogging!

The Manly Ferry said...

Why thanks. There's a word or phrase you once used in a post - can't remotely recall what it was - but I've had a soft spot for the RSL blog since then. Good to know there's a live connection (speaking of...have I updated my sidebar? Crap....)