An Experiment

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm going to change things up on this site for a bit; assuming it works, both for me and the site, those changes will probably stick. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. So here's the plan:

I'm going to move my posting schedule back to the late afternoon. The idea is to give breaking stories a little more time to develop and other people more time to weigh in. Speaking as someone who has never broken a story in his life - and I put my odds of ever doing so pretty low - I'm hoping this will play to what I regard as my strength: obsessing over a subject till it makes enough sense for me to explain it both correctly and clearly.

No less significant in encouraging this experiement is the pattern in my site traffic. The one or two times circumstances compelled me to post late, it didn't seem to kill my traffic. Who knows? Maybe most people read and work on their sites in the evening and I'll actually be putting out content when more people can see it?

So, right. Look for that to start tomorrow. I'll have to keep myself from spazzing if, say, Edgar Davids gets signed by FC Dallas tomorrow. I think/hope I can swing it.

(##########)

No comments: