It's a Simple Game - Big in Poland

A funny thing happened over the weekend. Checking my sitemeter around noon on Saturday, I noticed that I'd picked up 120 visits; given I typically draw, oh, 12 visits by that time on a regular Saturday, I thought I'd check it out.

The referrals showed that some site in Poland found my conspiracy post on the Beckham trade - which I liked 'cause that was my favorite. Here we are about a decade into the globalization thing and this "small world" stuff still blows my mind.

In any case, I'd like to say hello to any new Polish visitors who may have popped by. I'd like to impress you by typing a "hello" phrase into the blog here, but I also have no idea how to make the letters on my keyboard look like the letters on the site that's linking to me.

So, for a complete cross-cultural experience, all y'all will have to imagine me saying "HELLO. WELCOME TO MY SITE. PLEASED TO MAKE YOUR ACQUAINTANCE" in very slow, very loud English. For some reason, people seem to think yelling their native tongue to non-speakers somehow allows for understanding, so I thought I'd roll with that approach. If it helps, imagine me using a very thick Midwestern accent and smiling enormously.

(########)

No comments: