USMNT: Let It Be Clark

(TESTING Again: Yep, if you go to Soccer Blogs and scroll way down the page, you'll see my posts showing as if I posted them at 5:30 a.m. or so EST. Well, I know I only that time on the clock once a day and it sure as hell ain't in the A.M. It's against what religion I have to get up that early. I'll be doing some exploring this weekend about switching services; I've tolerated too many annoyances with Blogger since getting into blogging and this - this switching to an improved format that turns out to be totally ass - might be the killer. Anyway...)

Ives Galarcep had some fun with guessing the roster for next Wednesday's friendly against Mexico; that link will actually take you to the results of his "fun," which took the form of a survey of commenters. You can check Galarcep's post to see the line-up laid out.

Personally, I'm not ready for this yet; I'll be spazzing all over this next week, but, for now, have only one thing to add. There's a mini-debate going on regarding whether the U.S. Men should start Pablo Mastroeni or Ricardo Clark in the "destroyer/holdling midfield" role. As the title reads, I'm plumping for Clark. It's a friendly, right? I want to see what Clark can handle before it matters. More to the point, I think he's up for it.

By next week, I'll be ready to monkey around with the rest of it. But, today, I'm pretty firm in thinking we should start Clark.

No comments: