Day in MLS Previews, 03.22

Unless I'm missing something, Ives Galarcep's preview for Red Bull New York's 2007 looks to be the only one in town today.

I'll say it again: the guy does good analysis. It may or may not hold up to the cold light of day, but it sure as hell sounds authoritative. And I do think his stuff holds up fine.

With that in mind, the key points of interest for me included: where Claudio Reyna will play and how Red Bull will try to pull that off; Galarcep's comments on defense; Dave Van Den Bergh as the "X-Factor." Overall, though, if you look at what Red Bull lost and gained player-wise between 2006 and 2007, I think they've done pretty well. Yeah, they need that goal-scorer, but if Altidore lives up to half the hype he got last year, John Wolyniec, a personal hero, can handle of the rest; 10 goals last year, people - there are worse journey-men out there.

As for me, I had some other things going on so I won't get to a preview today. Look for a write-up on DC tomorrow. I also think I'll post content - e.g. more previews - over the weekend for once.

(#########)

No comments: