(W)Revs Wrap: Cristman Leads Over Olimpia



Nice crowd, eh? The photo comes courtesy of Sean Heffernan (who introduced himself here and gave a bang-up match report here).

Sorry to make this so brief, but I did a bunch of background crap to make my blogging life easier. It didn't help that the U.S. win over Ecuador has produced as much online commentary as any game I've seen. Then there was the time I wasted trying to figure out how to catch U.S. v. Guatemala AND the CONCACAF Champions' Cup semifinals; the answer there, of course, is that I don't....I lost track of the weeks, you see.

Suffice to say the New England Revolution turned in a 3-1 win over Honduras' CD Olimpia. Not bad. And the atmosphere down in New Orleans sounded nice enough as well. As nearly everyone mentions, this takes New England to 5-0 on the preseason. And, also as usual, I'd reply with, yeah, but against whom?

There's also the fact that rookie forward Adam Cristman is the story here; he's got four goals now in three games. Again, against whom?

Still, as I confess in the comments field to my colleague's post on the New England Revolution's corner of The Offside, that Cristman appears at all capable of starting right now constitutes good news. And, again, make sure you read the comments from Sean, who caught the game live. He not only offered some nice insight on the game, but he's got me feeling a bit more comfortable about the Revolution heading into 2007.

(#########)

No comments: