(W)Revs Wrap: Dish on Solle, Thompson, Some Video*

Over on The Offside I posted the latest look at the New England Revolution New-Boys. This one looks at Wells Thompson and Ryan Solle through the eyes of a Wake Forest assistant coach - and he says some good things.

As for other Revs news, it's a bit of scratch today. I neglected to mention yesterday that the Revs have pegged March 25 as the day they look to be the next MLS team to beat up on CD Olimpia; they'll get to that one when they return from Cancun. Maybe the Hondurans are looking for redemption?

Speaking of games - even those somewhat long past - the Revs official site has video from the two preseason games in Bermuda. They're not half bad, but the highlight comes with Wells Thompson's dribble around the Bermudian left back; good stuff, kid. * I still haven't taken the time to figure out posting video....someday, my prince will come and explain this shit to me. But, for now, you'll have to click here and, on the subsequent page, click on the video image next to the entry reading "Spring is Sprung."

Finally, someone over on the BigSoccer Revolution message board posted the most current edition of the Revs' roster. Is it accurate? Shit. I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out all the damn sub-rules on the roster - e.g. Youth International, Generation Adidas, etc.

Simplify, man.

(#########)

No comments: