Ellinger Canned? KREIS?!

If you go to the front page of MLSnet.com, the lead image reads "RSL to introduce new coach today." I take that to mean John Ellinger is gone?

That didn't take long, but is anyone surprised? The only surprise for me: it flew under the radar a bit. I swear I checked the site an hour ago and, nothing.

Wow.

UPDATE: DOUBLE WOW. Check out what Sports Illustrated reported this morning:

"Another awful start is a leading to a shakeup in Salt Lake. General manager Steve Pastorino and head coach John Ellinger are out, and MLS' all-time leading scorer Jason Kreis is retiring to take over the coaching reigns. The good news is, things can't get much worse."


I've been to Soccer Blogs now and, having read only headlines, realize I might be a bit behind on this....but, DAMN!

Love 'em, hate 'em, think they're the dumbest organization in the league (and Lord knows Dave Checketts tries), but RSL never fails to intrigue.

(#######)

No comments: