Sarachanned!!

Or the least surprising piece of news you will read this month.

In case it's not clear from the pun/title, the Chicago Fire canned Dave Sarachan. For my money, It wasn't so much the horrible current form - though that couldn't have helped - as the lack of sunshine on the horizon.

Speaking for myself - and, it should be emphasized, not as a Fire fan (lordy, I would be pissed if I was one) - I would have let Sarachan hang on through the end of 2007 and undertook the rebuilding in the off-season. I don't know how well, or even how, Chicago will recover over the 18 games remaining, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

UPDATE: Looks like Fire midfielder Chris Armas agrees the firing might have been premature, or, as I see it, potentially counter-productive.

By the way, here's the elephant in the room I missed: who does the Fire hire to replace "Big Dave"?

(#########)

No comments: