The All-Star Game & MLS to Pac NW

In a attempt to discover whether Major League Soccer (MLS) would make an announcement on expanding the league during next week's MLS All-Star Game, I did one of the feeblest things an information whore can do in the 21st century: a google search (doubling down, I did so under both "News" and "Web" categories).

I am ashamed. And lazy.

But if you look at the (let's see...one, two, three...) fourth item in the Web search list, you'll see why I'm interested in such things: when real estate investor James Reston was awarded exclusive rights (e.g. first crack) at expanding MLS into the Pacific Northwest, I remember hearing something about an announcement on that coming "within a month" or "by the end of the month" - I can't remember which. And the All-Star Game seems to fit neatly within that time-frame.

Given that I slip into a drool-inducing doze when the words "all-star" and "game" are combined in a sentence (I'm lukewarm on exhibitions generally and, Lord, do I hate all-star games; looking forward to a peaceful Thursday evening next week), has anyone out there heard any rumors about expansion announcements during the All-Star Game?

(##########)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth, Keston's exclusive rights have expired. I doubt that matters much though.

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2007/07/09/story7.html?b=1183953600^1487296

The Manly Ferry said...

Good stuff, Bob. So, the month is up, eh? I missed that bit of news.