Defense, Mediocrity, the Future (Vague...)

Hey.

Here's a little glimpse of the future for this blog going forward....well, almost anyway. This and another site will serve as more of a depository for links to items I'm posting elsewhere. The items will be closer to "original" content as opposed to the old blogging habit of linking and discussing. That also means they'll be fewer of them - as in one a day if I'm lucky.

Yes, I expect the already modest traffic to nose-dive. I'm looking to implement this business shortly after Carnival of Soccer 5, so will do business as usual till, oh, let's say Friday. After all, I've got to polish my contribution to the Carnival yet (as well as pass the torch).

Anyway, I don't doubt a few of you were contacted by a guy drumming up content for a site called WriteOnSports. It's a sharp-looking space and easy enough to access; I hope it does well for the people running it. They certainly seem nice enough. Anyway, here are my first two contributions over there:

1) A defense of Major League Soccer against the supposition that it either will, or even needs to, "take off" and become truly major league.

2) The other one started out as a punter's piece - e.g. I started it intending to write about who looks like the favorite to lift MLS Cup. The impossibility of the task got me ruminating on how unsatisfying the broadly mediocre 2006 season has been.

Right. That's it. Some time by the end of the month, I'm hoping to fold this site into another - and that, in doing so, that Soccer Blogs will still be able to pull from this site. We'll see, I guess. I'm not too tech savvy...

No comments: