Week 24: I Like My Title on This One...

...but you'll have to go to the post on ArmchairGM to see it.

In spite of multiple hurdles and anal-retentive genes passed down from my mother, I've posted my ramble on Week 24.

Though I discuss plenty of things over there, there are some things I either didn't mention or didn't sufficiently emphasize. For instance, the result of the week came with the Houston Dynamo's shock (for me anyway) win over the Los Angeles Galaxy. Though nothing like fatal to LA's chances at the post-season, it raised new questions about the Galaxy qualifying; it'd be something - and the word "justified" springs to mind here - for LA to go from champs to chumps in the span of a season. Their recent run alone had pushed the possibility so far from my thinking that I haven't yet re-adjusted.

LA's woes pale next to those of the Columbus Crew and Red Bull New York. Both teams picked up losses at the worst possible time. I can't see Columbus, especially, recovering. After witnessing Amado Guevara's antics (e.g. the sending off), I can't say Red Bull's chances look all that great either - even with those two games in hand over KC.

After that, I'm mainly holding on to my happy thoughts following a New England win and the weird joy I felt when Real Salt Lake tied the game against DC. Oh, and there's something in there about my candidate for MVP, something I intend to flesh out in more detail later in the week.

(########)

No comments: