MLS: West or East?

This one's just out of curiosity: Which of the two conferences is the stronger as we head into the final days of Major League's soccer's eleventh regular season? Let's do some math:

Eastern teams enjoying good form: Chicago and....

Western teams enjoying good form: Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake.

Are those weird calls? To some extent, absolutely. When I say "enjoying good form," I suppose I'm saying these are the teams I'd be wary of playing due to their visible enthusiasm. Everyone else just seems going-through-the-motions flat.

Are these better teams? In Chicago's case, possibly. The other two, I think they're just playing for something bigger than the post-season; call it credibility, and you're probably not far off.

Anyway, I've said it before: it's been a weird 2006.

Any thoughts on this out there?

(########)

No comments: