Week 25: Status Quo Ugly

I just posted my breakdown of Major League Soccer's Week 25 in the usual format and in the usual place. Hop on over and enjoy if you're so inclined.

There is one note on a note I left on that one, specifically, the one about shifting allegiances as we head into the post-season. At the end of my take on Chicago Fire's relative position, I noted that I've officially "adopted" that team for the remainder of this season. Now, that's not as turn-coat as it sounds: the New England Revolution remains the team to which I'm committed. By that I mean, any time the Revs play the Fire, I'll be pulling for the former - and desperately so (is there any other kind of support in New England this year?). But given where I think the Revs are this year, I'm not all that confident I'm going to see them in the post-season at all, never mind for long. Yeah, I know their odds aren't bad as, say, the Columbus Crew's, but I wouldn't be the least surprised if they miss the playoffs.

(#######)

No comments: