Blanco to Sign with Fire (Hmmm...)

A couple few outlets tell me that the legendary and notorious Mexican forward Cuauhtemoc Blanco will join the Chicago Fire sometime in the middle of summer.

I haven't gotten over my original reservations about this one, but it looks like Chicago ignored my thoughts. And this doesn't move me to reconsider what I think of their chances for 2007. I do, however, see one considerable positive in this: it ought to be damned interesting to watch.

Regardless of what I think, Blanco's in town getting a physical and it sounds like he'll meet with fans later tonight...no doubt to glower at the Yanquis. Between now and the next set of pictures, there's nothing better to pass on than this wonderful post from The Offside's Chicago Fire blog. In case it's not obvious, it's the photo that makes me so happy.

(#########)

No comments: