TEAM NEWS: Yallop, Joseph, TFC

It's kind of a grab-bag out there today, so let's just dig in and throw out some bullet points:

- A couple spaces note (keying off a Soccer New England piece I have yet to read) note that the New England Revolution's Shalrie Joseph is mulling a hold out to protest the stall in his salary negotiations. Seriously, all I can say here is...dang...

- Ahead of this weekend's coolly-anticipated meeting between the Kansas City Wizards and the Chicago Fire, it's worth noting that Chicago sorta, kinda owns this series: we're talking 17-7-4 all-time and, apropos to this weekend's tilt, they hold a 11-1-1 edge in Chicago.

- That the Los Angeles Galaxy's slow start to 2007 has warmed Frank Yallop's seat received mention in a couple places today. Now, personally, I think the Galaxy front office would have to be eating crack to make this move, but we're talking about the dumber Lalas here.

- I know the words "good" and "column" seldom appear together when discussing Fox Soccer's Jamie Trecker (for the record, I like the guy just fine), but I thought he wrote a great perspective piece on how Toronto FC looks these days. Then again, given how similarly it reads to what I wrote about Toronto, I don't have much choice.

No comments: