Esky, Ruy...a little help with DC News

Because I haven't visited a soccer blog - never mind Soccer Blogs - I have only seen the blandest of reports on the trade that sent Alecko "Esky" Eskandarian to Toronto FC.

Given his 2004 and the possibility that Esky can one day reproduce the same, the trade looks a decent gamble from Toronto's end. But has anyone read or heard anything about how the player took the move?

With blogging being based on the premise of me telling you stuff, it's possible this runs counter to that. Still, I'm curious.

Another curious thing - which, again, may be rendered less curious by that fact I haven't checked the news in a while - is the fact I've only seen one mention about DC signing some Brazilian cat named Ruy. Ives Galarcep's blog plays this as almost a done deal, while the Washington Post's Steve Goff's report takes a more circumspect line. In any case, I know nothing about the guy. I only hope he's fun to watch.

(########)

No comments: