New England's Draft - Early, Meager Returns

So...I've been waiting patiently for the Boston Globe, or some similarly informed and interested party, to analyze the comparative talent, upside, and downside of the several players drafted by the New England Revolution in Friday's Superdraft.

No such luck so far - which means I'll have to, sigh, do some digging. That will have to wait till I wrap up my seemingly interminable 2006 season review.

That's not to say I haven't found anything. Soccer New England provided a pair of quote sheets for readers' delight - one from Revs' coach Steve Nicol and the other from the drafted players.

What can one learn from these: across the board, Steve Nicol was pleased and surprised the players he drafted were available when New England's call came around and all of them seem to have good pace and good feet. As for the players, they're all excited about heading to New England, they've all heard nice things about the club (and everyone seems to know and love James Riley), and, good Lord willing, they hope they can all contribute. Apparently, a template for conversations with the media was circulated among all New England's draftees at least...

Pretty tame stuff. I'll get back to this with some substance...I dunno....some day.

No comments: