Revs Nation on Revs in '07

Don't know about the rest of you, but today sure seems like a slow news day. Maybe that's why I took a trip over to BigSoccer.com's message boards; normally, I can't find the time to make it.

I did some poking around on the New England Revolution's corner of the space and happened across a thread started by Soccer Doc. Before laying out the Revs' current roster, he opened the discussion by posing the following question: "Where [does they team] stand in building the 2007 roster?"

The discussion that follows gets at where Revolution fans think the team is assuming they head into the 2007 season with the current players. If you've visited this space in the past couple days, you may have seen my thoughts on this subject. But from the discussion started by Soccer Doc, I liked the skeptic's take from Imad Ashell and the optimist's take as expressed by jw. But a poster named Chowda gets my prize (yes, I know that counts for nothing) for the sharpest comment of the bunch; this line stands out:

"We haven't won a championship with this core group of players and we never will without adding impactfullike (that word's for you, UP) players to our attack."


No truer words have been spoken. The Revs do need something. And, over in Revs Nation, not a few souls are concerned about the lack of noise and motion in the team's front office.

(###########)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with attacking players like Dempsey and Twellman, the "Revs" play boring footy.

They need a new manager. Steve Nichol is too conservative. Watch this years Chivas USA team with Preki as manager to see how it's done.

The Manly Ferry said...

You're killin' me. I hear the same thing from the little voices in my head. But Nicol's tenure seems so, so...permanent.

I think he's got this year at least. If he fails to make the conference semifinals - at a minimum - I think they'll finally assume he has peaked.